hrj: (Default)
[personal profile] hrj
Official release day today. Here's the universal book link page: https://books2read.com/b/31zplW

I'm still working on getting more links added. The page was being picky about me adding links manually the last time I tried, so I guessed it might be an issue with the book not being live yet and decided to wait to try again. But it's released through Draft2Digital and has a paperback through Ingram, so it should be available through all the standard outlets.

It's funny: My first two commercial self-publishing projects have both been ones where I'm not counting on actual commercial success. Skin-Singer both because story collections are tricky and because the majority of the contents are previously published. The Theory of Related-ivity because it's an extremely niche interest. This takes a lot of pressure off worrying about how well they'll sell, but it also means I don't have a good metric for what to expect with an actual first-release novel. (We're a long way away from anything like that happening, because the top priority for novels is the next Alpennia book, which I assume will be a Bella release.)

When I was first working on Related-ivity, I wasn't necessarily thinking about publishing it as a book, just as the blog series. But as it got longer, as the footnotes became a more significant part of it, and as I thought about how ephemeral attention to blogs are, I pretty much thought "why not?" Also, since D2D now has an annual threshold requirement for income to avoid the "maintenance fee" they added (to fight AI publications), every little bit of income helps. I didn't make the threshold this year, but maybe next year? I really need to promote Skin-Singer more online. It sells well at in-person events but I'm really bad about doing online promotions.

Date: 2026-08-26 03:40 am (UTC)
life_of_glamour: (Default)
From: [personal profile] life_of_glamour
Congratulations and happy release day!

Profile

hrj: (Default)
hrj

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
45678910
11 12 1314151617
18192021222324
252627 28 293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 30th, 2026 03:03 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios